People are always telling me to “Start Easy”. Meaning, start with something easy and work your way up to the harder stuff. I totally agree, but I hardly ever take their advice. I am a very spur of the moment, gets something stuck in her head and has to do it NOW type of person.
That is why this year, so far, I have surprised myself and not attempted anything that would stress out the whole house. (so far being the key words here) Even with my baking, which is a huge step for me. I would make cakes, cookies, and candy every day if I could, but there are only 3 of us living here and we would go broke. Baking is not cheap. So I have restricted myself to no more than two treats a week, and all leftovers after the first day goes to work with my hubby or off to my darling sisters, who always has a houseful.
Now last week was Thanksgiving week, so I was able to calm my baking addiction with all the trimming of a typical Thanksgiving Dinner. (which included two pies) By Sunday though, I was ready to get back to my kitchen and make some sort of sweet. I had planned on fudge, but I saw a super duper simple recipe (again on Pinterest) for Chocolate Pretzel Bites. I had all the ingredients, the time and the need to bake, so off to the kitchen I went.
Chocolate Pretzel Bites
- 1 bag mini twist pretzels
- 1 bag Hershey’s Kisses (there are about 50-60 per bag)
- 1 bag M & M’s candies (I got the peppermint ones)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place the pretzels in a single layer on the baking sheet. Place an unwrapped Hershey’s Kiss on top of each pretzel. Put the cookie sheet in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and place 1 M & M candy on each pretzel, gently pressing down into the Kiss.
- Let the Bites cool and set up. Then transfer to the refrigerator to let the chocolate harden.
Put these in treat bags, tins, decorated boxes or jars for great neighbor, office or classroom gifts. This is also something the kids can help do, but you might have to buy 2 bags of the candies. (I know some of my candies disappeared)
Now this was certainly a “Start Easy” project and the best part about it is there are so many different recipes for the same thing. You can make them anyway you like. Don’t you love those kind of things? I know I do.
Well, I hope I was able to bring that little smile moment to you again today. I am off to find my next memory to share. Have a wonder filled day!
Thank you for coming and see you soon,